Welcome to ABHM!
ABHM builds public awareness of the harmful legacies of slavery in America and promotes racial repair, reconciliation, and healing.
We envision a society that remembers its past in order to shape a better future – a nation undivided by race where every person matters equally.
ABHM is an entirely online museum!
(In the future, ABHM will also be a bricks-and-mortar museum located in Milwaukee WI.)
Some of the things you can do here:
• Visit the Galleries to learn about little-known parts of African American History.
• Catch up on what’s happening today in the ongoing struggle for rights and respect for African Americans.
• Help publish the only memoir by a lynching survivor by donating to our Know the Past • Heal the Present campaign.
Attend our free #Do Black Lives Matter? series with Head Griot Reggie Jackson:
- Racine, WI Public Library – July 6, 8, 13, & 15, 2015 6-8pm
- Milwaukee’s Villard Square Public Library – August 3, 5, 10, & 12, 2015 5:30-7:30pm