• Ground has been broken for ABHM’s New Home! •
Now we need your help to make the dream a reality.
The Dr. James Cameron Legacy Foundation is proud to announce its
$1.5 Million Capital Campaign to bring ABHM home
to its original location on
4th and North Avenue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Our new museum space will feature:
History Exhibits * Interactive Displays
Guided Tours * Traveling Exhibits
Museum Shop, Café and Gallery * Community Events Space
Donations to our Capital Campaign (Building) Fund will be used for:
- Design and Construction
- Exhibit Design and Installation
- Program Development
Please help bring ABHM home!
Your contribution – large or small – will make this new museum possible.
- To make a tax-deductible donation by CREDIT CARD, please click the Donate Button below.
- To make a tax-deductible donation by CHECK, please make it payable to the Dr. James Cameron Legacy Foundation and mail to:
Dr. James Cameron Legacy Foundation
11933 W. Burleigh Street, Suite 100
Milwaukee WI 53223
- To make a MAJOR GIFT, please email Foundation President Tyanna McLaurin, tyannacmm at yahoo.com.
Thank you so much!
Why invest in this museum?
More than ever, our nation needs the healing vision of Dr. James Cameron, the museum’s founder. He dreamed of our nation as “one single and sacred nationality” and believed we could achieve a just and peaceful society through education and empathy building.
Dr. Cameron’s vision is as relevant and compelling today as it was when he survived a 1930 lynching at age sixteen. Our new space will serve as a place where people from our city and visitors from around the world can experience and discuss African American history as an integral part of American history.
Read more about ABHM as part of the Historic Garfield Redevelopment Project.
NOW ON SALE!
New, greatly expanded – and award-winning – edition of Dr. Cameron’s memoir, A Time of Terror: A Survivor’s Story
The book includes the only eyewitness account of a lynching ever written by a survivor.
• Read more about the book and download excerpts here.
• Buy in quantity for your class or book club here (scroll to Quantity Sales form).